Test your Aggie knowledge during a free ride to class

SwAG Cab offers students a ride to class and the opportunity to win prizes by answering questions.

A project by the Aggie Network Student Ambassadors is giving students opportunities to take free rides across campus while winning prizes in the process.
In the swAG Cab, based on the television game show Cash Cab, ambassadors drive students to class in The Association of Former Student’s golf cart and ask questions about The Association and the university. With each correct answer, students can upgrade their prizes.
The swAG Cab was created in the fall of 2017 by Student Ambassadors President Madeline Alpar, genetics and biology junior.
“Our main point of this project is to really create and have one-on-one interactions with students across campus as we help them get a ride to class,” Alpar said.
Students will be asked around five to 10 questions, depending on the duration of the ride, according to Alpar. The more questions they answer correctly, the bigger their prize will be. The questions range from statistics about student enrollment, to Aggie Ring Day to university history.
Alpar said that since it started, swAG Cab has given rides to over 120 students across campus.
Marci Raley, vice president of campus outreach and agricultural leadership and development junior, said a trip in the swAG Cab can be especially useful for students who have a long trip to class.
“If you see us on campus, please don’t be shy because we’d be glad to go across campus, knowing A&M is kind of big,” Raley said.
In her work with the Aggie Network Student Ambassadors, Raley helps oversee the the funding of various student organizations, projects and scholarships.
“The Association is here to help you with whatever you may need, no matter what it may be, whether it’s a ride to campus, scholarships or other things as well, we’re here to help,” Raley said.
In 2018, The Association of Former Students will make a $12.6 million impact at Texas A&M through projects and other interactions, according to Kathryn Greenwade, vice president of communications and human resources and Class of 1988.
“Through the swAG cab, the Aggie Network Student Ambassadors are sharing that impact and awareness with students, one golf cart ride at a time,” Greenwade said.
The swAG cab’s next appearance will be Monday, April 23 at the MSC from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.