Support Student Media at Texas A&M

Battalion staffers Bobby O’Brien, Megan Williams, and Noah Van Est prepare for the Friends of The Battalion alumni tailgate in Aggie Park on Saturday, Sept. 2.

Want to support the student media experience at Texas A&M?

By supporting student media, you are helping our students and student organization with:

-Attending local, state and national conferences to network with industry professionals, attend journalism trainings, and participate in valuable contest experiences
-Paying freelance staffers for their writing, design, photo, video, graphics, and social media contributions to help with their living expenses, cost of college, etc.
-Obtaining small quipment purchases such as SD cards, batteries, and other photo/video equipment our team needs throughout the year for storytelling and coverage

There’s three different ways you can help The Battalion newspaper and website, The Aggieland Yearbook, along with Maroon Life magazine through our student media operation. We have been incredibly fortunate over the last few years to have such loyal, gracious donors and supporters in our corner.

Donation method #1-Friends of The Battalion Facebook page and website!

Through Friends of the Battalion, a group of former journalism students, student media contributors and  supporters of student media at A&M, you can donate to enhance the the student media experience at Texas A&M. This non-profit 501(c)(3) group that focuses their providing students with necessary tools and some stop-gap necessities as well as working on the long-term sustainability of student media at A&M. All donations are tax deductible and you will receive a tax receipt. Supporters will also receive a Battalion t-shirt as well as supplies last. If you’d like a t-shirt, please note the size when making your donation.

Their website is quick, user-friendly, and provides immediate help to the needs of student journalists through Texas A&M Student Media.

Battalion sports desk editors Luke White (left) and Hunter Mitchell (right) talk to ESPN’s Paul Finebaum on his daily talk show, which focuses on the SEC, is a four-hour long program from Monday to Friday.

Donation method #2-Support our Student Newspapers Online website through The Batt Online!

With our news website, The Batt Online through Student Newspapers Online, they have made it extremely easy to donate towards our annual website/hosting costs to produce our state and national award-winning digital news website.

Our annual fees are right around $2,000, so offsetting this cost so that we have the revenue to continue to print our weekly award-winning print Battalion newspaper is key towards recognizing the tradition on campus of distributing the weekly Battalion newspaper, but a growing effort towards keeping our website coverage and offerings robust, frequent and timely in coverage.

To donate, visit any story on www.thebatt.com and go to the bottom of the page to “Donate to The Battalion” and select “Donate” to make your contribution today.

Donation method #3-Want to know exactly what our creators need? Visit our Amazon Student Media Wish List!

If you want concrete examples of the technology and equipment that our student creators need to perform their jobs and for coverage purposes, please visit our Amazon Wish List and consider a purchase donation to help our photographers, videographers, designers and more.