Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

Brazos Valley museum features Bigfoot exhibit

The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History will feature a Bigfoot exhibit until August.
“It is a fun, new exhibit,” said Graham Criglow, the facilities manager. “It is so controversial and I think that it is a fun way to get new people into the museum.”
The exhibit includes a life-size replica of Bigfoot, photographs, footprint casts, films, books and newspaper articles.The stories of Bigfoot have been around for years, and there have been reported sightings in all states of the union except Delaware and Hawaii.
“Everybody has a story, someone you know has a story,” Criglow said. “I think that is what gets people in here.”
The museum, despite the controversial topic, has circumstantial evidence that will make everyone think twice, Criglow said.
“At first, I was extremely skeptical, but after evaluating all the evidence, I realized that it is quite possible that it can exist,” said junior biology major Ganiva Reyes. “After seeing the research they displayed, I began to think that it could be true.”
Stories and possible sightings that have accumulated all over the world have sparked the interest of many people.
“Everything deserves time to be researched,” Criglow said. “It is wrong of science to write something off, even if it is folklore.”
The answer to the question of whether it is fact or fiction still remains to be found.
“Students need to learn not to believe everything they read or hear,” said Tom Lynch, executive director of the museum. “They need to know how to judge what is true and what is false.”
Information and evidence has been provided to the museum on loan by the Texas Bigfoot Research Center. The life-size Bigfoot mount is on loan from the Milam County Crime Stoppers.
The museum is open for admission Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.bvmuseum.myriad.net.