Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

From Devin Ferranti, senior petroleum engineering major

How can you believe that disarming a campus will prevent someone who already intends on killing people to no longer do so? Is murder not an infraction on the law? If a gunman walks onto a campus with the intent to kill he obviously does not care about gun-carry laws. You want to take away my right to defend myself if a similar situation occurred here because you believe “allowing rifles and shotguns on high school and college campuses and other venues that continually house large crowds is simply too much of a risk.” If I said I believe you drive erratically and I am scared for my health and those I care for when you are on the road would you give up your drivers’ license? In response to your statement that “violence should be prevented by the proper authorities,” I think if you were in the situation the University of Texas students experienced, you might change your opinion. Say you were in class and a gunman walked in with the intent to kill you. Would you hold to your opinions if a fellow student had a concealed handgun permit and saved your life before the “proper authorities,” who were locked out by the gunman, arrived to handle the situation? I do agree “no campus is invulnerable, including ours.” But how would changing gun laws prevent a law-breaking citizen from breaking another law?