Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Intelligent design advocate blends faith, science

The two fields of science and faith are considered by many to be immiscible. One deals with a belief based on direct observation and measurable proof, while the other is based on a belief that is not explicitly supported by scientific proof only by conviction.
The Texas A&M chapter of Ratio Christi aims to strengthen the faith of Christian students at secular institutions nationwide through the use of intellectual investigation and apologetics.
Ratio Christi Latin for the reason of Christ is a global movement that aims to give university students and faculty historical, philosophical and scientific reasons for believing the Christian faith.
As part of the Science and Faith Speaker Series, Ratio Christi is bringing Robert Marks to help shed light on the connection between God and mathematics with his speech titled, God Ever Geometrizes.
Dr. Marks will provide mathematical proof about the existence of God, said Jayson Pilosi, chapter director of Ratio Christi at Texas A&M. He will try to put across the point that mathematics and God are not in competition, rather they are actually hand in glove.
Marks is a professor of electrical and computer engineering at Baylor University and a staunch advocate of intelligent design. He has written more than 300 peer-reviewed, technical publications and given several presentations on the relationship between science and faith.
The reason Ratio Christi chose Dr. Marks is because he is an incredibly gifted and talented individual, Pilosi said. He is very good at making valid references that will help the audience connect to his message. He is good at putting cookies on the bottom shelf so that everyone can reach them.