Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Jeb Bush officially announces presidential bid

Photo by Courtesy

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush officially announced his campaign for the 2016 Republican nomination for presidency on Monday, making him the third member of his family to run for the highest office in the nation.

Bush, son of former President George H. W. Bush and brother of former President George W. Bush, addressed a large crowd at Miami Dade College in Miami, Florida.

“I decided I am a candidate of President of the United States,” Bush said.

According to his campaign website, Bush’s administration reshaped Florida’s education system during his two terms as governor and created over 1.3 million jobs for Floridians.

Referencing his experience as governor, Bush said he has the ability to make changes on a national level.

“I know we can fix this because I’ve done it,” Bush said.

Bush’s announcement makes him the 11th Republican to announce a campaign for the presidential nomination and the 15th candidate to announce overall.

“I will campaign as I would serve, going everywhere, speaking to everyone, keeping my word, facing the issues without flinching, and staying true to what I believe,” Bush said. “I will take nothing and no one for granted. I will run with heart. I will run to win.”