Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Local Wal-Mart the scene of theft, assault and child endangerment

A local Wal-Mart was the scene of a theft, assault and the endangering of a child Tuesday night, according to a College Station Police Department news release.

At around 8:30 p.m., the College Station Police Department received a call concerning a theft in progress at the Wal-Mart located at the corner of Brothers Ave. and Harvey Mitchell Pkwy in south College Station.

Before the officers reached the scene, the suspect, Tracy Lavoyce Allen of Bryan, fled from a Wal-Mart employee while pushing his infant in a stroller until a wheel struck the corner of the building, knocking the child onto the ground.

The Wal-mart employee attempted to help the infant, at which point the suspect began punching the employee in the face. The suspect then picked up the infant and continued to flee, holding nothing but the infant’s left arm before breaking through a fence.

When the officers arrived at the scene the suspect had already reached his vehicle. The child’s mother was waiting and took the child, but didn’t allow the suspect into the vehicle. At this point, the suspect saw the officers and complied with them.

The baby was checked out by the College Station Fire Department and released at the scene, and the Wal-Mart employee only received minor abrasions to his face.
The stolen merchandise was valued at $75.76.