Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

Men to hike awareness of sexual assault issues in high heels

Men will attempt to strut across campus for one mile in high-heels to raise awareness about sexualized violence issues at Walk a Mile in Her Shoes on Tuesday.
Heather Wheeler, program coordinator of the Womens Resource Center, said Walk A Mile is an opportunity for men to show support to survivors of domestic violence and sexual violence.
If you think about sexual violence specifically, its usually seen as a womens issue, Wheeler said. So this is a really good way for men to show their values and show that sexual assault is not a value that [the A&M family has] and that we are supportive of anyone who has been sexually assaulted.
Walk A Mile in Her Shoes coordinator Angel Glover said participants are encouraged to walk with family or friends.
Its the idea of men, women and families walking together and supporting each other together, Glover said. Its about the journey of walking together.
An on-site registration fee of $20 will be payable by cash or check. Profits go toward funding the Sexual Assault Resource Center in Bryan. The Womens Resource Center and volunteers will hand out high heels beginning at 5:30 p.m. at Koldus Plaza. The walk will begin at 6 p.m.