Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Nebraska defeats Aggie softball in ‘tough loss,’ coach says

The Texas A&M softball team failed to rally in extra innings Saturday, losing to Nebraska 3-2 at the Aggie Softball Complex.
After opening Big 12 play Saturday with a 2-1 win against Nebraska, the Aggies did not keep the momentum, falling to 1-1 in conference play.
Down 1-0 in the top of the seventh inning, the Cornhuskers scored a two-out run to tie the game. A&M failed to answer in the bottom half, sending the game into extra innings.
With the game tied 1-1 in the top of the ninth inning, the Cornhuskers rallied for two runs to take a 3-1 lead.
Nebraska sophomore second baseman Julie Brechtel led off the inning with an infield single. Cornhuskers’ sophomore third baseman Heidi Foland then doubled to left field to move Brechtel to third.
Senior pinch hitter Brittany Pascale hit a sacrifice fly to right field to score Brechtel from third base. Junior right fielder Alex Hupp reached first base on a sacrifice hit, scoring Foland from third base.
With the Aggies’ backs against the wall, senior catcher Erin Glasco led the bottom half of the ninth inning with a single to left center field. Sophomore Andrea Tovar pinch ran for Glasco.
Tovar advanced to second base on a wild pitch and took third base on a throwing error by the Nebraska catcher.
Morrow singled to center field to score Tovar, making it a one-run game.
However, the Aggies failed to record another hit, making two ground outs and a pop up to end the game.
Sophomore pitcher Rhi Kliesing started the game for A&M, pitching all nine innings and striking out eight. Her record fell to 14-6 with the loss.
Nebraska senior Molly Hill ,the winning pitcher, threw nine innings, striking out two batters and giving up four hits and two runs, neither earned.
“It’s a tough loss,” said A&M Head Coach Jo Evans. “Rhi pitched well and gave us a chance to win it. We didn’t do a very good job at the plate, but their pitcher gets a lot of credit for that. We had opportunities, but we just didn’t come through.”