Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

New Vice President of Municipal Affairs sworn in at Senate meeting

In addition to introducing new legislation, senators appointed a new vice president of municipal affairs and confirmed new members of the University Committee in Wednesday night’s Student Senate meeting.

Gig the Vote director and finance senior Spencer Davis was sworn in as the new Vice President of Municipal Affairs, a role in which Davis said he will excel at thanks to his extensive, “knowledge of politics.” Davis will be  tasked with leading and maintaining the Texas A&M Student Body’s relationship with the City of Bryan and College Station’s City Staff and elected officials, according the SGA website.

New legislation brought to the attention of the student senate included the Transparency Act, Green Dot Bill, Elected Senators Rights and the Finance Bill of 2017 amongst others.

The Green Dot bill received special attention from senators, known for “capitalizing on the reduction of high risk situations,” for students. Select senators made known their own Green Dot certification and the benefits it will provide on campus.
People interested in watching the full meeting can do so on the Student Senate YouTube channel.