Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Religious communities represented in Interfaith Panel

Interfaith+Panel
Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will
Interfaith Panel

The crash course in religion started with a Thanksgiving prayer and ended with a clear message — despite misconceptions, people are more similar than different when it comes to their faith.
Thursday evening, the Interfaith Panel at Texas A&M University was represented by members of the Islamic, Jewish, Mormon and Christian communities. While some might shy away from challenging questions concerning religion, the panelists answered everything from common stereotypes about their faith to how they represent and worship God in their daily lives.
“I think the misconception question is huge, to see the humanity and the beauty in each other’s faith is the reason we do this panel,” said Pastor Mindy Roll of Treehouse Lutheran, one of the head organizers of the interfaith panel.
This was the third year of the Interfaith Panel, which has been growing in size every year, according to Roll.
“Learning to respect one another and love one another without wanting to make someone different is the goal,” Roll said.