Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Silver Taps honors students | Joseph DiMare IV

DiMare is survived by his father Joseph, his mother Karen and brother Anthony.
During his short time at A&M, DiMare made many friends from a broad group of people.
“Joseph was a devoted friend,” his father said. “He had friends from all circles.”
DiMare lived at The Tradition on Northgate, where he made many friends.
“He broadened his circle and his horizons at A&M.” his father said.
A&M was DiMare’s first choice of colleges, because he had family members that attended A&M including his aunt and sister.
DiMare was raised in the Catholic faith, and was a member of St. Laurence Catholic Church in Sugar Land, Texas.
“He spent years of learning in the Catholic faith from St. Laurence,” his father said. “He was a child of God.”
During his free time, DiMare enjoyed the outdoors and competitive sports. “He loved all sports including football, basketball and baseball,” his father said.
DiMare collected sports memorabilia and enjoyed working out, and would run at least three to five times a week, his father said. “Joseph loved competing in team sports, and played football and basketball in high school.”
In high school, DiMare was involved in Young Life, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
“He loved A&M because it was grounded in tradition, and he felt like he was doing something good there,” his father said.
DiMare died in an car accident March 15. His father said the accident happened when DiMare was driving back from the beach, which was his favorite place to be.