Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Texas A&M University hotel to be finished in fall 2018

Photo by Maggie Pruitt

Workers walk to the construction site of the hotel. Construction is expected to be completed before the 2018 football season.

Texas A&M University System officials provided a construction update on the on-campus hotel and conference center on June 9 during a press conference held on site.
The building is still currently under construction and is expected to be complete by Sept. 1, 2018. A model room is expected to be available for visitors to tour in mid-July.  
The hotel will feature 250 rooms, including 12 luxury suites, a full service bar and restaurant, fitness center and pool. The hotel will also have a significant amount of conference space and break-out rooms.
“This is the amenity our campus has needed to help our students get jobs and attract conferences,” Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp said. “We think it is unequalled.”
The hotel was Sharp’s vision, according to Texas A&M Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs Phillip Ray. Inspired by the on-campus hotels at other Southeastern Conference universities, system officials said A&M’s hotel will outdo the hotels at other universities.
The hotel is funded through a public-private partnership, or P3, between A&M and the National Campus and Community Development Corporation (NCCD) of Austin. By using private money in conjunction with university funds, A&M is able to reduce the use of university funds for projects.
“It’s a prudent use of those resources, [a] prudent use to manage our debt capacity and maintain that triple-A credit rating, which is non-negotiable,” Ray said.
According to NCCD president Greg Eden, both Cain Garage and the off-campus student apartments Park West have been funded through P3 partnerships.
The projects NCCD has helped fund total approximately $561 million.
Sharp said with the building of these structures along with the renovation of Kyle Field, A&M is experiencing its biggest building boom in history.
System officials added that because A&M has used private money to fund these projects, revenue will go back to the university.