Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Aggie football rolls to a big halftime lead over Lamar

A two hour lightning delay could not slow the No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies as they rolled to a 31-3 lead at halftime over the Lamar Cardinals.
Lamar won the toss and elected to receive the opening kickoff. Senior quarterback Caleb Berry completed a 19-yard pass to Mark Roberts to open the game, but three straight incompletions and a punt gave A&M its first possession of the half.
It did not take long for the Aggies quick-start offense to get going, as Kenny Hill connected with Speedy Noil for a 44-yard pass on the first play from scrimmage. Two plays later, Trey Williams evaded several Cardinals en route to a 33-yard touchdown run.
Lamar answered with a 14-play drive, capped by a fourth-and-13 pass that went for 30 yards. The Aggie defense held at the goaline, however, and Lamar was forced to settle for a field goal.
Hill responded by marching the Aggies down the field with three straight completions of 10+ yards to Josh Reynolds, Malcome Kennedy and Edward Pope. Hill then hit Ricky-Seals Jones with a 24-yard strike for the Aggies second touchdown of the night.
A roughing the passer penalty on true freshman Myles Garrett extended the Lamar drive, but the Aggies were able to force a punt three plays later. The punt touched Brandon Williams and the Cardinals were able to recover, but they would give possession back on the next play when Deshazor Everett picked off Berry.
It only took A&M 59 seconds to go 73 yards down the field, capped by a 51-yard touchdown catch by Sabian Holmes.
At the end of the first quarter, A&M led 21-3.
Speedy Noil showed why he was the No. 1 athlete recruit a year ago when he took a Lamar punt 67 yards to the four yard line. A&M, who was without normal goal line back Tra Carson due to a reported injury, was unable to get in the endzone. Josh Lambo kicked a 20-yard field goal to make the score 24-3.
After another Lamar punt, the Aggies were deep in their opponent’s territory, but a fumble by Seals-Jones ended the threat.
A&M answered on their next possession when three straight Hill completions led to another Aggie touchdown. It took just 34 seconds for the Maroon and White to score, their fourth scoring drive in a minute or less in the first half.
Highly-touted true freshman Kyle Allen made his Aggie debut on the next possession, completing four passes before being intercepted after he scrambled out of the pocket.
Lamar marched down to the Aggie 24 yard line, but Josh Davis missed his field goal attempt as time expired in the first half.
Hill finished 12-of-16 for 233 yards and three touchdowns, hitting seven different recievers. Noil led the Aggies in both receptions (3) and yards (66) in the first half. Trey Williams had five carries for 44 yards and a touchdown.