Aggie softball blows by Houston in run-rule fashion

Softball
Photo by Photo by: Morgan Engel
Softball

Aggie softball blows by Houston in run-rule fashion.
The No. 14 Texas A&M softball team traveled south to Houston on Wednesday night and cruised to a 12-0 victory over the Houston Cougars in just six innings.
Three Aggies racked up multiple hits. Freshman leadoff hitter Keeli Milligan went 2-2 with two stolen bases, sophomore Tori Vidales went 2-4 with one RBI and two runs scored and senior Cali Lanphear also went 2-4 with one RBI and two runs scored.
Texas A&M got started quickly with three runs in the first with RBI hits from sophomore Tori Vidales, senior Cali Lanphear, and junior April Ryan.
In the second inning, sophomore Kristen Cuyos blasted a two-run home run to make the score 5-0.  The Aggies would add one more in the third before sophomore Hailey Rebar’s RBI single in the fifth inning to make it 7-0.
Head Coach Jo Evans was happy about how her team started. “It was great to have us score in the first inning like that.” She told 12thman.com. “It is defeating for an opponent when we can go out there and score early. I was really pleased to see how we hit throughout the lineup. For me, I was very pleased to see error-free defense.”
Texas A&M still wasn’t satisfied, so they added five more in the top of the sixth on a 2-RBI double from sophomore Ashley Walters, a two-run home run from freshman Samantha Show, and an RBI single from senior Breanna Dozier.
Show started in the circle for the Aggies and was dominant all night long, tossing a complete game while only allowing three hits and striking out six batters.
“I am pleased with the way Samantha is throwing,” head coachJo Evanstold 12thman.com. “I thought she had great presence and really attacked hitters. She made pitches when she needed to make them. She got herself into a jam, but she kept her composure the entire time.”
The victory improved the Aggies’ overall record to 12-1. A&M will be back in action this weekend as they host the Texas A&M Invitational at the Aggie Softball Complex that features Indiana, UTEP, and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Texas A&M will begin the tournament on Friday with a 3:00 PM matchup against Indiana followed by a 5:15 matchup against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.