Aggie volleyball challenges Bulldogs in Reed after consecutive wins

Aggie volleyball is coming off consecutive wins and will hit the court against Mississippi State this Sunday.

Texas A&M (11-6, 3-2 SEC) challenges the Mississippi State Bulldogs (13-7, 3-4 SEC) this at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in Reed Arena. Both teams are coming off of a sweep, with an A&M win against Alabama and a MSU loss to LSU.

Aggie head coach Laurie Corbelli has had a successful stint against the Bulldogs. Last year, the Aggies marched into Starkville, Mississippi, and swept the Bulldogs. This helped Corbelli hold a high 4-0 record against MSU. However, a new, successful coach at Mississippi State may pose some troubles in holding onto the unbeaten record.

David McFatrich is entering his fifth season as a head coach and first at the helm for the Bulldogs. He boasts a 96-36 (.727) head coaching record, accumulating most from a four-year tenure at Central Arkansas. This season, he has gained two tournament championships and a recent sweep over Georgia.

Evie Grace Singleton leads the Bulldogs with 216 kills and is first on the team in service aces with 34. Payton Harris leads MSU with 257 digs and Jazmyne Johnson leads with just over one block per set. The team struggled against LSU Friday night, as Alex Warren recorded the team-high in kills with only nine.

Both teams have played against Alabama, Ole Miss and South Carolina in SEC action thus far. The two defeated the Ole Miss Rebels and the South Carolina Gamecocks, but Texas A&M has an advantage with a win over Alabama. MSU opened its SEC campaign with a 3-1 loss to Alabama.
The game will be broadcasted on SEC Network Plus at 1:30 p.m.