Aggie Volleyball goes 2-1 in weekend tournament

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett

The Aggie’s Volleyball team celebrate their victory at the Senior Game this Sunday with their wildcats.

Starting out strong with two back-to-back sweeps, the Texas A&M volleyball team eventually fell to the Nittany Lions in their final game of the Penn State Classic on Saturday.
On Friday, the Aggies defeated Indiana 3-0, winning the three sets 25-23, 25-21, 25-17 in the opening match of the Penn State Invitational on Friday, Aug. 31.
Freshman Allison Fields had a match high 17 digs with fellow freshman London Austin-Roark performing well too with 13 kills. Junior Hollann Hans, this past week’s SEC Player of the Week, had 13 kills.
Junior hitter Sydnye Fields tied Austin-Roark with four blocks for the match high. Another standout performance came from sophomore Camille Conner with 37 assists, leading the Aggie offense to 48-37 in kills.
The Aggies continued the tournament on Saturday against Temple, adding another 3-0 win to their record. A&M closed up the Penn State Classic against the sixth-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions later that day. The Lions came out on top, defeating the Aggies 3-0 and moving their tournament record to 2-1.
The Aggies’ next match will take place Thursday, Sept. 4 at 4:30 p.m. in Reed Arena as they kick off the Texas A&M Invitational.