Aggie women cruise to 82-41 win over Hawaii

As the temperature in College Station began to dip this week, the women’s basketball team took a long trip to paradise and sandy beaches for the Hawaii Invitational. A&M avoided any jetlag in a convincing 82-41 thumping of Hawaii (4-5) on Friday evening.
“I think our kids were really ready, they are very grateful to our administration for sending us to Hawaii … Our post players played very well tonight, and they needed this confidence,” A&M head coach Gary Blair told 12thman.com. “I was able to rest Williams and Walker and Jones a bunch tonight, because we’re going to need every bit of it tomorrow night against BYU.”
It was a game where the Aggies dominated for all four quarters, led by Courtney Williams and Khaalia Hillsman, who both chipped in 12 points a piece. Courtney Walker and Rachel Mitchell both added 10 to the cause, and the A&M defense suffocated Hawaii, as they missed all 10 of their three-point field goals while committing a staggering 23 turnovers.
A&M (6-1) displayed a perfect balance of unselfish basketball, as the team dished out 24 assists compared to Hawaii, who mustered just nine.
Every Aggie that played in the game tonight scored with the exception of Darienne Serna.
The 18th ranked Aggies went virtually unchallenged on their first day in Hawaii, but they have a quick turnaround. Tomorrow night, the Aggies take on upset-minded BYU as they wrap up their weekend in paradise before returning to College Station.
BYU and A&M will tip-off at 6:00 pm from Laie, Hawaii and will air on ESPN3.