Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Aggies prepare for NCAA Outdoor Championships

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

A home fit for champions

The new $38.8 million E.B. Cushing Stadium opened during the 2019 spring semester. This 90,500-square foot facility marked a new era for the Texas A&M track and field. Texas A&M softball officially opened its new home as well, as construction on Davis Diamond was completed.

Texas A&M’s track and field teams will travel to Austin to capitalize on a strong year at the NCAA Outdoor Championships.
“We are good to go, we are healthy with the people we are taking, we got a good group with us,” A&M head coach Pat Henry said. “We enjoy running over there, it is a great facility, we look forward to running at any site, especially in Texas.”
The last time A&M was in Texas, they earned Team of the Meet honors in both men and women groups. This time, the Aggies will not be in short relays this year, but will be running in the long relays in both teams at this year’s championships.
The No. 5 men’s team will be sending 12 athletes, competing in eight events with 12 entries. The No. 4 women’s team is sending nine athletes that are also competing in eight events with 10 entries.
In the SEC Championships May 9-11, the Aggies took home 10 medals and won four events on the final day.
The women’s team will be going up against SEC rival Arkansas who won the women’s title two weeks ago at the SEC Championships, while the Aggies finished second. The men finished fourth in the SEC Championships.
“This is one of the best track meets in the world, not just at the collegiate level, so to be successful at this thing takes a huge performance and you must be ready,” Henry said.
Both track and field teams will be compete at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, starting Tuesday, June 5 in Austin, Texas. The meet is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN2.