Aggies secure transfer tight end from Virginia Tech

Photo courtesy of Virginia Tech athletics.

After losing freshman tight end Jordan Davis last week, Texas A&M received some positive news Sunday when tight end Kalvin Cline’s announced that he will attend A&M for his final two years of eligibility.

Cline now looks to model in the maroon and white after he played for the Virginia Tech Hokies for his first three seasons. His performance with Tech is highlighted by his true freshman season, where he garnered 26 receptions for 321 yards and two touchdowns.

Cline did not start for the remainder of his collegiate career with Tech following his freshman year, where he only played in three more games and totaled 41 receiving yards with no touchdowns. His sophomore season, Cline joined to Hokies’ Corps of Cadets.

Despite a lackluster ending to his Tech career, the veteran tight end said that he was thankful for his time at Virginia Tech via his Instagram post that stated his transfer.

“It’s been an amazing 3 years and Hokie Nation has a special place in my heart,” Cline said. “It was truly an honor to play for a legend like Frank Beamer and I wish nothing but the best for my teammates this up coming season. But after I graduate in May I will be finishing my last 2 years of eligibility at Texas A&M. Can’t wait to do big things at College station and see the 12th man light up the stadium! Gig’em Aggies!!”