Aggies turning things around, host Dallas Baptist in midweek bout

Photo by File

A&M has won four of its last five road games.

After a rough start to SEC play, the Texas A&M baseball team (19-10, 3-6 SEC) has seemingly turned things around after winning four out of the last five games on the road, including a huge series win against No. 6 LSU in Baton Rouge.
Now, the Aggies will return to Blue Bell Park to battle the Dallas Baptist Patriots (18-9, 3-0 MVC) in a midweek matchup Tuesday.
A&M’s offense is led by freshman infielder Braden Shewmake, freshman outfielder Logan Foster, and senior outfielder Nick Choruby. Shewmake is hitting a team-leading .365 with three home runs and 34 RBIs, Foster is hitting .324 with four home runs and 16 RBIs and Choruby is hitting .306 with three home runs and 12 RBIs.
DBU has won four straight games coming into the matchup, starting with a win over UT-Arlington and a series sweep of Illinois State. The Patriots are led on offense by sophomore infielder Tim Millard, sophomore outfielder Jameson Hannah, and junior infielder Matt Duce. Millard is hitting at a .358 clip with three home runs and 24 RBIs, Hannah is hitting .353 with six home runs and 22 RBIs and Duce is hitting .337 with three home runs and 25 RBIs.
Texas A&M will likely trot out freshman John Doxakis for the start against the Patriots. Doxakis has started five games this year for the Aggies and has a 5.54 ERA with 23 strikeouts to 12 walks. Dallas Baptist could start sophomore MD Johnson or junior Trevor Conn. Johnson has started four games for the Patriots and has a 5.94 ERA with 12 strikeouts to 15 walks and Conn has started six games and has a 6.55 ERA with nine strikeouts to nine walks.
It was announced on Monday that Aggie ace pitcher Brigham Hill was named SEC pitcher of the week after he dominated the LSU Tigers on Friday. Hill tossed eight shutout innings, giving up only three hits, striking out seven and only walking two in A&M’s 4-0 win over LSU.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Blue Bell Park and the game will be shown on SEC Network+.