A&M Athletic Department: Student ticket pull lower than expected

As the days count down to the Auburn game Saturday, the student ticket pull is going slower than usual, said Jason Cook, senior associate athletic director.

“At the conclusion of ticket pull [Tuesday], we have issued just over 18,000 student tickets, which puts us between South Carolina and Nevada pull numbers (for the same time period) and much behind the pull rate for Mississippi State and Alabama,” Cook said.

Tuesday night, the College Football Playoff Committee ranked the Aggies No. 19 after defeating South Carolina 35-28 and amassing a 6-2 record. With a 4-4 Auburn team presenting A&M its last SEC home game of the season, Cook said it is imperative for students to come out and support.

“We need the 12th Man at Kyle Field on Saturday for this key SEC matchup as we are playing for a strong finish in the Western Division and postseason bowl positioning,” Cook said.

Aggie underclassmen receive last dibs when it comes to tickets, so the approximate 13,000 remaining should provide better seats than usual, Cook said. 

“We have 31,000 tickets allocated for students at Kyle Field, which means there are plenty of tickets in good locations on the east side for sophomores and freshmen to pull over the next two days,” Cook said.

This week’s matchup will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and can be seen on SEC Network.