No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

A&M cross country gears up for SEC Championships

Tuscaloosa, Alabama will host this year’s SEC Cross Country Championships Friday morning. The Aggies will be aiming to improve on last year’s performance when the women came in eighth while the men claimed second behind Arkansas. The competition will begin 9:00 a.m. Halloween morning where the top-five places of each school will produce a team score.
The men are looking towards veteran senior Isaac Spencer to lead the pack in an 8,000 meter battle. Spencer finished 14th overall in the 2013 competition. The women are headed by the returning trifecta of Hillary Montgomery, Karis Jochen, and Grace Fletcher who each finished in the top-20 of last year’s 6,000-meter contest.
Competition is sure to be plentiful at the SEC Championships. Arkansas has been victorious in men’s team titles in the last four consecutive years. The Razorbacks had a huge year in 2013, claiming the top three places in each race, winning both titles including victory over the second-place A&M men by 91 points.