Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

A&M softball lets lead slip away at No. 1 Florida, 5-2

The Texas A&M softball team fell 5-2 to the Florida Gators on Friday in Gainesville in game one of a three-game series.
The No. 1 Gators (40-5, 12-4 SEC) drew first blood in the first inning with an RBI single from Kirsti Merritt to take the early 1-0 lead. The Gators were looking to extend the lead in the second, loading the bases, but senior Rachel Fox struck out Nicole DeWitt to keep the Aggies within one.
The No. 23 Aggies (34-15, 9-10 SEC) took the lead with one swing of the bat from Tori Vidales, driving in two runs for her 16th home run of the season. The Gators regained the lead with three runs in the fourth inning. Florida catcher Bailey Castro added a solo homer in the fifth to extend the Gator lead.
The Aggies attempted to rally in the fifth inning off a Breanna Dozier walk to cut the lead to 5-3, but the Gators added two more runs to complete the victory.
First pitch for game two of this series is scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday.