Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Equestrian to host South Carolina on Saturday

Photo by Photo by Ishika Samant

Junior Malena Lopez starts on her Flats trail.

The No. 3 ranked Texas A&M equestrian team will take on No. 10 South Carolina on Saturday, Oct. 8, at the Hildebrand Equine Center in College Station. This is the second of six home meets this season.
Saturday will be the 38 time the two teams have competed against each other. The Aggies have won 25 times against the Gamecocks, including all three meets from last season, according to 12thMan.com. The maroon and white are currently 2-1 for the season, while South Carolina is 3-0.
A&M won against Fresno State on Friday, Sept. 30, dominating Jumping Seat Flat 4-1 and Reining 3-2. They tied in Horsemanship 2-2 and lost in Fences 3-2.
The maroon and white also claimed victory against UC Davis on Saturday, Oct. 1. The Aggies dominated Reining with a score of 5-0, Jumping Seat Flat 4-1 and Horsemanship 3-2. They tied in Fences 2-2.
Competition begins at 11 a.m., and the event is free and open to the public. For updates, follow the A&M equestrian team @AggieEquestrian on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit 12thMan.com for the full schedule and live stats.
Megan Wedhorn is a journalism sophomore and contributed this piece from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.