Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Five run first inning bursts A&M to dominating win

Franklin — THE BATTALION Freshman pitcher Brigham Hill pitched 4.1 innings in Tuesday’s win

The Texas A&M baseball team hosted Prairie View A&M Tuesday night in an effort to keep its pursuit of perfection alive.
The Aggies (22-0) wasted no time getting things going, scoring five runs in the first inning. Birk started things off, doubling to right center and bringing home leadoff hitter Allemand. Hits from Nau, Taylor, Gideon and Melton rounded out the inning.
In the midst of how the season has been going for A&M, focus must become a major part of the game plan when facing teams such as Prairie View (7-12) that fly under the radar of a team as successful as the Aggies. There is no doubt following Tuesday’s game that Coach Childress has the team’s priorities in line and has been preparing his players accordingly.
A&M maintained its lead throughout the game and never showed signs of wavering. Nick Banks proved to be most efficient at the plate Tuesday night, recording a (.425) batting average. In addition to being efficient, Banks added to his top ranked hit total, recording his 35th on the year.
Three runs in the bottom of the eighth for the Aggies put Prairie View to rest and secured the 22nd straight victory for A&M.
The Aggies travel to Hoover, Alabama Friday to face the Crimson Tide for their first conference road series of the season.