Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

Jordan Green recognized for community service

The 2014-15 selections for the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Allstate Good Works Team, which recognizes student athletes for their efforts off as well as on the court, were revealed on Tuesday. Texas A&M senior guard Jordan Green represents the University as one of ten men’s basketball players chosen from around the nation to represent this year’s class.
Green, who hails from Flower Mound, Texas, has appeared in 118 games for the Aggies, including all 22 thus far this season. In his junior season, Green was rewarded Defensive Player of the Year at the team’s end of the year banquet after recording 25 steals and four blocked shots. This year, Green contributes 5.8 points per game and has been an efficient 54.7 percent from the field and 72.7 percent from the free throw line.
Green was selected from a pool of 158 men’s basketball player nominees from the NABC for this year’s Men’s All State Good Work’s Class. Ultimately, a voting panel of former coaches, media members and college basketball legends – including former seven-time NBA All-Star Grant Hill – chose five nominees from NCAA Division I for the first team and then five nominees from NCAA Divisions II, III and the NAIA for the second team.
The U.S. Naval Academy’s Kevin Alter, University of Virginia’s Malcolm Brogdon, Appalachian State’s Michael Obacha and Santa Clara University graduate Dominic Romeo all join Green as NCAA Division I selections.
NABC executive director, Jim Haney, had nothing but reverence for this year’s class following the public revealing of the selections on Tuesday.
“The NABC is proud to partner with Allstate as we celebrate the remarkable accomplishments of the men and women selected for the 2015 Good Works Teams,” Haney said. “This group represents the best of the best of more than 250 student-athletes nominated this year. Each has made significant contributions to improve the quality of life in our world today.”
Green, along with the fellow members of his class, will be invited by Allstate to attend the 2015 NABC Convention and 2015 NCAA Men’s Final Four in Indianapolis in early April to participate in a community project that benefits the host’s city.