Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Men’s hoops edges past Florida, looks ahead to LSU

Vanessa Peña — THE BATTALION

In the game against LSU on Saturday, senior Kourtney Roberson scored a team-high 20.

The men’s basketball team squeezed past Florida on Saturday at Reed Arena, 63-62. The home win follows a Wednesday loss to Georgia and sets up an upcoming Tuesday showdown with LSU.
Sometimes, experience matters
The Aggies’ oldest player, Kourtney Roberson, scored a team-high 20 Saturday, well above his eight-points-per-game average. “Fifth-year seniors — that’s what they’re supposed to do,” head coach Billy Kennedy said.
‘Eight is great’
Junior Alex Caruso tweeted the phrase after the game (in which he coincidentally scored eight points), which pushed the Aggies to 8-4 in the SEC. That mark matches last season’s SEC win total, the team’s best since joining the conference.
A crowded race
With six conference games remaining, the Aggies are tied with Ole Miss for third in the SEC. No one is catching Kentucky, but only two games separate second-place Arkansas (9-3) and sixth-place Georgia (7-5).
Playing big in the paint
A&M out-scored Florida 42-32 in the paint, paced by Roberson, who missed only two of his 10 shots. “When I got in the paint I just looked to score and if I didn’t have a good look I tried to pass it outside,” Roberson said. “I think Jalen [Jones] and I do a great job of finishing in the paint.”
Jones and House — what’s new?
Transfers Jalen Jones and Danuel House combined for 30 points, and the correlation isn’t hard to spot: When they score, the Aggies win. The team is 8-2 in its last 10. In all eight wins, the duo scored more than 30. In both losses, it didn’t.