No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

No. 4 A&M rolls past No. 22 Georgia following a 10-3 win at Aggie Softball Complex

Photo by Photo by: C. Morgan Engel

The team celebrates after Junior first baseman Tori Vidales hits a homerun. 

The No. 4 Aggie softball team ended a two-game losing streak today as they knocked off No. 22 Georgia 10-3. With the win, A&M improves to 38-5 (12-3 SEC) and Georgia falls to 30-16 (3-13 SEC).

The Aggies fell behind early as starting pitcher Samantha Show allowed a run in each of the first two innings, but the Aggies would promptly answer. In the bottom of the second, A&M drew four straight walks to start the inning and get on the scoreboard, then followed it with a single, a hit-by-pitch, and another walk to score four runs in the inning and take the lead. Texas A&M would never again give up the lead as the Aggies tacked on three more runs in the third, one in the fifth, and two in the sixth.

“I thought we did a nice job in the bottom of the second drawing walks,” A&M head coach Jo Evans said. “I thought our hitters settled in, and we could’ve put the ballgame away in that second inning if we had somebody go up there and square the ball up.”

Aggie sophomore Show led A&M in the circle and at the plate today, tossing a complete game, giving up just two earned runs on seven hits. At the plate, Show went 2-3 with two moonshot solo home runs. Other A&M players who had a good day at the plate included sophomore Keeli Milligan, junior Ashley Walters and sophomore Riley Sartain. Milligan went 2-3 with an RBI, Walters went 1-3 with a 2-run home run and Sartain went 1-3 with two RBIs.

“She’s doing such a great job,” Evans said about Show. “She’s been working really hard lately too and it’s been making a big difference. Her mentality right now is great, she’s attacking the ball and has gotten a bunch of RBIs for us in conference play. I thought she did a really nice job [in the circle], and I think she got better as the game went on and she made good pitches when she needed to make good pitches.”

Georgia was led by junior Cortni Emanuel and freshman Ciara Bryan. Emanuel went 1-4 at the plate with a run scored and two RBIs, while Bryan went 2-3.

Game two of the series is scheduled for 6 p.m. tomorrow at the Aggie Softball Complex and the matchup will be shown on ESPN2.