No. 5 Women’s basketball improves to 9-0 with win over TCU

For just the second time in school history, the Texas A&M women’s basketball is 9-0 after downing TCU 82-71 Sunday in Fort Worth.
The Aggies came out with a 10-0 run to start the game and never looked back, taking a 31-21 lead into halftime. A&M held the Horned Frogs to a 18.8 shooting-percentage in the opening frame, including 1-for-9 from three-point range.
A&M led by as many as 17 in the second half, and never let TCU get within more than eight points the entirety of the final frame.
Junior guard Courtney Walker scored 21 points and posted double-digit scoring figures for the 22nd straight game. It was the third time this season she eclipsed the 20-point mark.
Registering her first double-double of the season, junior forward Courtney Williams had 12 points and tied a career-high with 12 rebounds. Junior point guard Jordan Jones had 13 points and added six assists.
In front of a sellout crowd of 1,350, Fort Worth native Chelsea Jennings matched a career-high with eight rebounds in addition to four points and three steals in her first start of the season.
The Aggies will remain in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex for their next game, a matchup against SMU Tuesday at 7 p.m. A&M will then return home Saturday to host Houston at Reed Arena.