Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Obaseki receives SEC Player of the Week honors

Photo by CJ Smith
Junior G Manny Obaseki (35) defends against Mississippi State freshman Josh Hubbard (13) during Texas A&M’s game against Mississippi State on Wednesday, March 6, 2024, at Reed Arena. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

Junior guard Manny Obaseki was named the SEC Co-Player of the Week on Monday, March 11 for his efforts in leading Texas A&M men’s basketball to wins over Mississippi State and Ole Miss to close out the regular season.

Obaseki paced the Aggies in scoring in both games with an average of 21 points. The Allen product put up 17 points on the Bulldogs before scoring a career-high 25 points in an 86-60 victory against the Rebels. Over the week, he connected on 15 of 26 shots, including six of eight on 3-pointers.

The honor marks the first weekly distinction of Obaseki’s career after being A&M’s leading scorer in two consecutive games. He made his return to the Aggies’ starting lineup versus Georgia on March 2, where he tallied 12 points. It was his first time starting since the 2022 season finale. In a loss to No. 18 South Carolina on Feb. 28, Obaseki added 11 points off the bench.

After not receiving more than two weekly honors per year over the last 11 campaigns, the Aggies have now received four this season, with senior forward Henry Coleman III, junior G Wade Taylor IV and graduate G Tyrece Radford being named SEC Player of the Week.

A&M is back in action in the SEC Tournament against Ole Miss on Thursday, March 14 at 6 p.m. The Aggies look to make a run to the Championship for the third season in a row.