A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Obaseki receives SEC Player of the Week honors

Photo by CJ Smith
Junior G Manny Obaseki (35) defends against Mississippi State freshman Josh Hubbard (13) during Texas A&M’s game against Mississippi State on Wednesday, March 6, 2024, at Reed Arena. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

Junior guard Manny Obaseki was named the SEC Co-Player of the Week on Monday, March 11 for his efforts in leading Texas A&M men’s basketball to wins over Mississippi State and Ole Miss to close out the regular season.

Obaseki paced the Aggies in scoring in both games with an average of 21 points. The Allen product put up 17 points on the Bulldogs before scoring a career-high 25 points in an 86-60 victory against the Rebels. Over the week, he connected on 15 of 26 shots, including six of eight on 3-pointers.

The honor marks the first weekly distinction of Obaseki’s career after being A&M’s leading scorer in two consecutive games. He made his return to the Aggies’ starting lineup versus Georgia on March 2, where he tallied 12 points. It was his first time starting since the 2022 season finale. In a loss to No. 18 South Carolina on Feb. 28, Obaseki added 11 points off the bench.

After not receiving more than two weekly honors per year over the last 11 campaigns, the Aggies have now received four this season, with senior forward Henry Coleman III, junior G Wade Taylor IV and graduate G Tyrece Radford being named SEC Player of the Week.

A&M is back in action in the SEC Tournament against Ole Miss on Thursday, March 14 at 6 p.m. The Aggies look to make a run to the Championship for the third season in a row.