Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Reed Rowdies rally road-game support from College Station

Tanner Garza — THE BATTALION
Reed Rowdies members watch the Texas A&M-Auburn game from The Corner bar on Northgate.
Tanner Garza — THE BATTALION Reed Rowdies members watch the Texas A&M-Auburn game from “The Corner” bar on Northgate.

For the first time, the Aggies have won five straight SEC games. And even though that win came hundreds of miles from Reed Arena, the Reed Rowdies — the team’s official support group — did what they could to drum up excitement.
The Reed Rowdies held a watch party at the local bar “The Corner” at Northgate as the men’s basketball team won 71-61 in Auburn Tuesday night on the strength of Danuel House’s 22 points.
Business freshman Blake Friedman said the group drove to Waco to root on the Aggies against Baylor on Dec. 9. Ever since, they’ve planned a get-together for each away game.
“Any student can come out and join us and watch the away games,” Friedman said. “For the rest of the season, we’ll be here.”
Chuck Rosales, vice president of off-campus awareness and chemistry senior, has been with the group since 2012, and his main objective is to advertise Aggie basketball all around campus with the members to get larger attendance at the games. First year Rowdies such as Wallace do whatever they can to help achieve that objective.
“I love [Reed Rowdies] and have really enjoyed my time in it,” Wallace said. “The players say during the game, you know, they give us shout-outs saying that we’re great. We help them keep the energy up and also I think we played a little role in getting these big five-star recruits that we got on for next year.”
Student support and attendance have been exceptional this year, Rosales said.
“We went to the Kentucky game over the break and there was a great crowd for that one, we really appreciated that one,” Rosales said. “It has been a lot better compared to the last couple years. It’s definitely improving but of course that comes with the team improving as well.”
Wallace said the Rowdies are convinced this improved Aggie team could make the NCAA tournament this year.
“This team is going to surprise a lot of people,” Wallace said. “They’re going to be a lot different than the teams from the past. I think we can make the tournament if we keep playing like we do.”