Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Seven-run fourth dooms A&M softball in game two against No. 1 Florida

The Texas A&M softball team fell 9-5 to the Florida Gators on Saturday, surrendering a five-run lead by allowing seven runs in the fourth inning. With this loss, the Aggies have now dropped two consecutive SEC series against top-five opponents.
The No. 25 Aggies (34-16, 9-11 SEC) came out swinging on Saturday, looking to attack freshman starter Aleshia Ocasio from the beginning. Celena Massey opened the scoring in the second with a solo homer off Ocasio, followed by an RBI single from Cali Lanphear and another two run homer from Massey in the third, her second of her afternoon. Ashley Walters tacked on another run with a homer of her own to push the Aggie lead to four after the fourth inning.
The No. 1 Gators (46-4, 15-4 SEC) continued to fight back in the bottom half of the fourth with a homer from Lauren Haeger to cut the Aggie lead to three. Junior Taylore Fuller came up with the bases loaded and erased the Gator deficit with a grand slam, which quickly turned the momentum of the game toward the Gators.
Florida tacked on three more runs to push the lead to 9-5, clinching another series win for the top team in the country.
First pitch for game three of this series is scheduled for 12 p.m. Sunday.