Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Texas A&M guards White and Carter selected in WNBA Draft

Texas A&M womens basketball senior guards Tyra White and Sydney Carter were selected in the second and third round, respectively, in the 2012 WNBA draft Monday.
White, leading the team this season in scoring with 13.1 points per game, was selected fourth in the second round, 16th overall, by the Los Angeles Sparks. Carter, leading the team in assists and steals this season, was selected third in the third round, 27th overall, by the Chicago Sky.
In the previous two WNBA drafts, from 2010-2011, there have been three other former Texas A&M players drafted all of them in the second round. In the 2011 draft, Sydney Colson went 16th overall to the Connecticut Sun while Danielle Adams went 20th overall to the San Antonio Silver Stars. In the 2010 draft, Tanisha Smith went 22nd overall to the Seattle Storm.