Texas A&M Hires Elijah Robinson From Baylor

Photo by Photo by C. Morgan Engel

The Texas A&M Aggies (0-1) return to Kyle Field this Saturday after a rough season opener on the road.

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher has rounded out his coaching staff after hiring Elijah Robinson as his 10th and final assistant. Robinson will fill the spot previously occupied by Jerry Montgomery as the defensive line coach. The Green Bay Packers announced on Wednesday that Montgomery would be returning to their staff and he was taken off the 12thman website Wednesday afternoon.
Robinson comes to Texas A&M after one season at Baylor, as he arrived when Baylor head coach Matt Rhule assembled his staff when he arrived in Waco last year. Rhule sent out a classy tweet thanking Robinson for his time at Baylor.

Prior to his one season at Baylor, Robinson coached the defensive line at Temple from 2014-2016, and had the title of run game coordinator in his final season. At Temple, he coached six ALL-AAC selections, most notably Haason Reddick who was drafted 13th overall in the NFL Draft.
The Owls’ rush defense ranked 25th nationally after allowing just 130.4 yards per game and notching 40 sacks in 2016.
Before he arrived at Temple, Robinson played football at Penn State. However, his career was cut short due to a neck injury and he moved into a staff role. Robinson spent three years as a graduate assistant before moving into administrative roles in his final two seasons.
With his staff now in tact, Jimbo Fisher can now turn his complete attention to rounding out his 2018 recruiting class. National Signing Day is on February 7.