Tyler Davis declares for NBA Draft, does not hire an agent

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Junior center Tyler Davis was 11-for-17 against Michigan.

Texas A&M junior center Tyler Davis declared for the 2018 NBA Draft but has decided not to hire an agent which allows him to return to Texas A&M. Davis can still workout for NBA teams and test the waters to see if he wants to hire an agent or return to school.
Davis enters the draft after a monstrous junior season in which he established himself as one of the best post players in the SEC averaging 14.9 points per game and 8.9 rebounds per game. The 6’10” forward led the Aggies in total points, total rebounds and minutes.
“I had a lot of fun, this team is my brothers. I could go through it all over again if I could. I love these guys, it’s a special group right there,” Davis said. “This is probably the most fun I’ve had in a season, ever.”
If his collegiate career is over, Davis finishes his collegiate career with an average of 13.4 points per game and 7.4 rebounds. The center would finish his career with an NCAA Tournament personal best 24 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Davis also grabbed eight rebounds in the game bringing his NCAA Tournament total to a Texas A&M program record 54.
Davis joins sophomore forward Robert Williams who announced that he would be entering the draft following the team’s loss to Michigan on March 22. After the game, Davis said he would need time to talk it over with Coach Kennedy before making a decision.
“I’ve got to take some time to talk to Coach K[ennedy] but I’ve just got to get better everyday,” Davis said.