Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

Women’s golf seek fourth consecutive title in Arizona

The A&M women’s golf team enters this week’s Wildcat Invitational looking to extend what has been a near magical run. A&M has not finished outside of the top five in their last four events, winning one of them, and two of its golfers have captured individual medalist honors in the last three events.
The No. 15 Aggies won the first of those four events at the Jim West Challenge at Tapatio Springs, while sophomore Bianca Fabrizio captured the ensuing Seminole Matchup. Sophomore Marijosse Navarro followed by claiming the UC Irvine Invitational and then the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational.
Navarro’s victory at the UC Irvine Invitational earned her special exemption into the LPGA Tour Kia Classic later this month and solidified her ranking as a top ten golfer in the country.
Navarro’s and Fabrizio’s combined three consecutive victories marked the first time in school history that such a feat had been accomplished.
The No. 8 University of Arizona hosts the Invitational this week in Tucson, Arizona. The Wildcats are riding a bit of momentum of their own after having captured the SunTrust Gator Women’s Golf Invitational in their last event.
Action at the Wildcat Invitational tees up 8 a.m. central time on Monday and Tuesday.