Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Aggie softball has 5-2 advantage over North Texas in fourth inning

Texas A&M currently leads North Texas 5-2 going into the fourth inning at the Aggie Softball Complex.
North Texas got the bats hot early, gaining a 2-0 lead on A&M in the first inning with consecutive home runs from Taylor Schoblocher and Kat Strunk. Strunk had the entire team welcoming her in excitement at the plate because the homer bounced off the scoreboard.
The Aggies fired back with two runs of their own to tie it up at 2-all to end the first. Erica Russell started the offensive charge by reaching first base off an illegal pitch to complete the walk. Tori Vidales put runners at the corners with a bullet to left field, and Russell later hopped home from an illegal pitch. An April Ryan single to right earned her an RBI as Vidales was able to reach home plate.
Building off their momentum, starting pitcher Katie Marks produced a 1-2-3 second and third outing. A&M succeeded in its turn with the bats again the next time out, taking the lead at 5-2 off a Cali Lanphear home run, her sixth of the year. 
Check on the main page later for an updated recap.