Washington Redskins add Deshazor Everett during training camp

Photo by Shelby Knowles

Deshazor Everett running sprints at Pro Day on March 3, 2015.

A few things had to go his way, but former A&M cornerback Deshazor Everett found a spot yet again on an NFL roster, this time with the Washington Redskins according to multiple reports.

Everett signed with Tampa Bay early in the offseason as an undrafted free agent after not being invited to the scouting combine, but was released later on.

Whether his time in Washington be temporary or permanent remains unknown, but the rookie landed with the Redskins on Saturday, just three days into training camp. The cornerback will fill in for the absence of Bashaud Breeland, who recently injured his right knee. To bring on Everett, the Redskins released backup linebacker Dasman McCullum.

In his time with the Aggies, the 6-foot, 190-pound cornerback compiled 218 tackles, 26 pass breakups, a fumble recovery and five interceptions in 50 games. The highlight of his tenure with A&M arguably came against Alabama in 2012, where Everett sealed the Aggies upset win with an interception in the endzone.

Chris Culliver and DeAngelo Hall are the starters regularly, and Everett would only add depth behind a handful of players.
The Redskins preseason opener in Cleveland against the Browns will be on Aug. 13.