Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Wide receiver Ainias Smith taken by Eagles with 152nd overall pick

Photo by Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion
Graduate WR Ainias Smith (0) makes a face to the South Carolina crowd after scoring a touchdown during Texas A&M’s game vs. South Carolina at Kyle Field on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023. Smith lead the team with 118 recieving yards against the Gamecocks.

There’s a new home for Ainias Smith in Philadelphia.

The former Texas A&M wide receiver has been selected with the 152nd pick in the fifth round of the 2024 NFL Draft by the Eagles.

Over the course of five seasons with the Aggies, Smith accumulated 180 receptions, 2,407 receiving yards and 19 touchdowns.

The Missouri City native also earned First Team All-SEC Honors in 2023, and he led the Aggies in receiving yards during the 2020 season when the team finished ranked fourth in the AP Poll.

Smith did not run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, but he benched 21 reps and was ranked with the 25th-best production score at 68.

Perhaps Smith’s best ability was his work on special teams. Dubbed the Aggies’ Swiss Army knife by many, he was named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 5 against the Arkansas Razorbacks, where he logged 131 return yards, including an 82-yard touchdown return.

View Comments (2)