A look at the 12th Jam performers

Photo by File

“We’re an indie rock band and have been playing since the winter of 2013. We had always known each other and had been more like acquaintances for some time be- fore actually hanging out together. We no- ticed right off the bat we meshed well as a group and began writing some songs. Very quickly we had about seven songs and we kind of took off from there. We, from the beginning, have been very inspired by David Bazan, Manchester Orchestra and Weezer, which I think will be apparent when you listen to us.”

Josh Willis, lead singer and guitarist

The 12th Jam Music Festival hosted by MSC Town Hall will provide students a day of music free of cost before final exams. Life and arts editor Jack Riewe spoke with some of the festival’s performers about their expectations for the festival.
Due to weather concerns, the festival has been moved to Rudder Auditorium and will still take place from 4 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Because of the stage restrictions, the previously scheduled student performers will not play. 

LUCA

“I think this will give us an opportunity to play to a crowd that doesn’t always come out to local shows. It’ll be cool to almost be like ambassadors for the local music scene here.”

Genre: Rock

Time: 4:00 p.m.

From: College Station, TX

Calliope Musicals 

“We’re really looking forward to bringing a positive, excited, you can do anything type of energy. We’re super pumped to be playing with Cherub and Sphynx, they’re two of our band buddies that we have played with before, so this will be a fun reunion. So we’ll get everybody pumped up and excited to see them. Playing for college kids is the best because college kids know how to party and we like to party too.”

Genre: Psychedelic Party Folk

Time: 5:15 p.m.

From: Austin, TX

Sphynx 

“We’re pumped to play with Cherub and our friends Calliope Musicals from Austin. It gives us the opportunity to play a big outdoor stage on a nice night and play for some people who haven’t seen us before.”

Genre: Heavy Metal

Time: 6:30 p.m.

From: Austin, TX

Colony House 

“Bryan/College Station has always been good to us. Last time we were here we sold out the Grand Stafford Theater on the last night of a headline tour. That was a really big night for us. That being said, we always look forward to playing Texas in general, but especially Bryan/College Station.”

Genre: Indie Rock

Time: 7:45 p.m.

From: Franklin, TN

• Calliope Musicals is set to perform at 12th Jam on Saturday.

• Sphynx

• Colony House is set to perform at 12th Jam on Saturday.