Aggie-managed restaurant offers eclectic menu

Veritas
Photo by Photo by Mayra Yundt-Pacheco
Veritas

Located on University Drive, Veritas Wine and Bistro is a small and elegant restaurant that is managed and run by Aggies. Whether it is lunch or dinner, the dining experience is sure to be unique and filling for parties celebrating special occasions or looking for a nice meal out.
For seven years, the restaurant has created a romantic fine dining experience and exposed guests to an eclectic menu complete with Asian, French and American tastes and fresh ingredients.
Decorated with an award of excellence from Wine Spectator from 2007 to 2011, Veritas Wine and Bistro also offers a vast selection of wines to choose and pair with each internationally inspired meal.
Tai Lee, executive chef and Class of 2002, said the restaurant has been a popular place for anyone who appreciates a diverse palette of flavors.
“We offer a seasonal and market driven menu that has unique flavors and ingredients,” Lee said. “Uniquely designed, it has a glass wine cellar and an open kitchen with a chef’s table where you can be up-close and personal with our culinary team. We have been a local favorite with many foodies and have been one of the go to places for out of town guests that are looking for a restaurant that showcases the modern culinary scene here in Aggieland.”
Alex Rodriguez, engineering freshman, said he enjoyed the restaurant’s floor plan and location.
“There’s something very elegant about the whole thing,” Rodriguez said. “The lighting, large wine display, open kitchen in the back and the pond in front of the entrance, gives the whole experience a very fancy air to it. It’s a great place to go on a date with someone.”
Natalie Hughes, engineering freshman, said she liked that Veritas Wine and Bistro was one of the few places in College Station she could dress formally for.
“Besides the great food, I like the fact that I can put on heels and a nice dress to go,” Hughes said. “Not many restaurants in C-STAT are as established as this one or have such a well-developed menu. From sushi to lamb chops, there’s something for everyone on their menu.”
For those who are planning to visit Veritas Wine and Bistro, Lee recommends his Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll on the menu. He said this dish, which heightens every palate in the mouth and nose due to its different flavors and textures, is very popular among customers.
“[The Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll] is my longest running item on the menu since I created it back in 2002 as a sushi chef,” Lee said. “It combines creamy avocado and sweet and spicy tuna. It is further complemented by smoky seared tuna, crunchy potatoes, a hint of vegetal greens and a salty pop of flying fish roe.”