Aggie Replant is a ‘succa’ for the environment

Photo by Brandon Holmes

The Aggie Replant “Succs in Such” Succulent Sale is from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday in Rudder Plaza.

In Rudder Plaza, Aggie Replant members are bringing the colorful, tiny succulents from Succs N Such onto campus for students to enjoy. Beside Rudder Fountain, students were excitedly moving about and purchasing small pots and cute succulent plants to decorate their dorm rooms and apartments.
Aggie Replant is holding the Succs N Such succulent sale in Rudder Plaza from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday through Wednesday. Aggie Replant’s primary goals are to support the local community through service and environmental conscientiousness. The sale helps support their annual tree planting event and Replant accepts cash or card payment.
Claire Unruh, Aggie Replant director and renewable natural resources sophomore, is partnering with Fallon Crocker, the owner of Succs N Such to have an on-campus profit share.
“I am looking forward to the next three days since this is our first on-campus fundraising event and we have never tried anything like it,” Unruh said. “It is really special to be able to help spread the word about the importance of supporting local businesses, like Succs N Such. There are a lot of small businesses in the Bryan-College Station area, and I strongly support shopping locally.”
Alejandra Ramirez, environmental studies junior, has been advertising the event as Aggie Replant’s publicity chair.
“I feel like we will have a lot of people for the turnout because the news have reached many people through our Facebook and Instagram,” Ramirez said. “I also feel like people that weren’t reached will see the sale going on as they head to the MSC and have interest in it.”
Replant’s fundraising executive Clara Migala, international studies and environmental studies sophomore, has been the one getting permits, setting the dates and all of the setup details for the sale.
“This is the first year we’ve ever even attempted a partnership of this kind, and we are so excited to be able to share it with everyone,” Migala said.
Migala said she had already been planning a succulent sale when Unruh met Crocker. She feels that the sale clicked into place perfectly.
“Our annual tree planting event is fun and incredible, but this year as fundraising executive, I wanted to expand how we engaged with and supported the local community beyond planting trees,” Migala said.

• The Aggie Replant “Succs n Such” Succulent Sale is from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday in Rudder Plaza.

Photo by Brandon Holmes