Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Aggies in the Spotlight

Creative Commons

Lyle Lovett went on to become a famous singer and actor. He’s best known for his songs “Cowboy Man,” “She’s No Lady” and “If I Had a Boat.”

Lyle Lovett

Class of 1980, journalism

Rick Perry

Class of 1972, animal science

U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry served in the Air Force and had a long career in Texas state politics, holding a seat in the Texas House of Representatives, and serving as commissioner of agriculture, lieutenant governor and then governor.

Chris Tomlin

Class of 1995, psychology

Chris Tomlin is now a famous Christian singer. Some of his most popular songs are “Good Good Father” and “How great is our God.”

Sara Winter-Banks

Class of 2006, speech comm.

Sara Winter-Banks manages the tour marketing for Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift at Messina Touring Group and was recently put in Billboard’s 40 under 40 list.

Robert Earl Keen

Class of 1978, English

Robert Earl Keen is a country and bluegrass singer. Some of his most famous songs are “The Road Goes on Forever,” and “No Kinda Dancer.”

• U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry served in the Air Force and had a long career in Texas state politics, holding a seat in the Texas House of Representatives, and serving as commissioner of agriculture, lieutenant governor and then governor.

Creative Commons
  • Chris Tomlin is now a famous Christian singer. Some of his most popular songs are “Good Good Father” and “How great is our God.”

Creative Commons
  • Sara Winter-Banks, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift’s current touring manager, was recently put in Billboard’s 40 under 40 list.

via Facebook
  • Robert Earl Keen is a country and bluegrass singer. Some of his most famous songs are “The Road Goes on Forever,” and “No Kinda Dancer.”

Creative Commons