AGS WIN’ in tradition

With a snapshot and an Aggie spirit, Buddy Bradford started a tradition that would last more than 20 years and gain him recognition from many generations of Aggies.
In 1991, Bradford, Class of 1961, ordered a custom license plate saying AGS WIN. At the Texas A&M-Baylor game in Waco that fall, Bradford got the idea to take the plate off his vehicle and bring it to the game. There he posed with the plate for a picture, creating a tradition that would flourish in the upcoming years.
Bradford now has 14 of the AGS WIN license plates (not including the two currently on his vehicle) and brings them almost everywhere he goes. He has taken thousands of photos of the plates with various celebrities, public figures, coaches, players and fans, even those from opposing teams.
Every time I see an opportunity to get some pictures, Ill do it, Bradford said.
Bradfords preparation and boldness have paid off well. He has pictures with President R. Bowen Loftin, Chancellor John Sharp, football head coach Kevin Sumlin, baseball head coach Rob Childress, Reveille and the A&M baseball, womens basketball and rugby teams.
His collection of AGS WIN photos also includes pictures with Gov. Rick Perry, Stephen McGee, Von Miller and Heisman Trophy winner John David Crow. Former A&M football coaches like Gene Stalling, Emory Bellard, Jackie Sherrill, R.C. Slocum, Dennis Franchione and Mike Sherman have posed with Bradford too.
Macy Cotton, a senior Spanish major, said she admires Bradfords spirited hobby.
[What he does] takes a lot of dedication, Cotton said. Hes an outstanding Aggie.
Bradford identifies his most endearing photo to be one of George H.W. and George W. Bush, which he has framed in his office.
Those from opposing teams have posed also with the AGS WIN plates. Bradford has placed the plates on the team trailers and even on the Bevo Statue at UT-Austin. Although these endeavors could be perceived as risky, no major incidences have occurred.
I make a point to be very friendly to all our visitors to Kyle Field, to welcome them and offer hospitality, always telling them that I hope that they are having a good time and to enjoy themselves, Bradford said. Most people are good natured about it.
Bradford said his hobby has played a role in his family life. Family members attend games with Bradford and are sometimes included in the subjects of AGS WIN photography.
The AGS WIN plates have served as an expression of Bradfords strong Aggie Spirit and he plans to continue this as long as he is able.
Studentswho have seen him in action, such as senior history major Hunter Harris, said they admire his efforts.
He seems to be at every event Ive been to, Harris said. Hes a constant embodiment of the Aggieland Spirit.