Texas A&M outfielder Allie Enright (33) makes a diving catch during Texas A&M’s game against Albany at the first round of the NCAA Women’s College World Series at Davis Diamond on Friday, May 18, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M opens regional with 6-2 win over UAlbany

For a moment after UAlbany softball graduate C Maddi Petrella’s first inning two-run home run sailed over the Davis Diamond scoreboard in left...

A&M to attempt world’s largest tailgate

file

On Saturday, A&M will be attempting the record for the largest tailgate. 

In celebration of Kyle Field’s reopening, A&M is attempting to set the record for the world’s largest tailgate. 

The attempt, will occur on Saturday preceding the game against Ball State. Off-site students, former students and fans are encouraged to join the celebration by virtually tailgating alongside those in College Station. 

A selection of photos tweeted with the hashtag #KyleField will be shown on the Kyle Field video boards. 

“We invite everyone who loves Kyle Field — home of the 12th Man — to take part in this celebration, whether right here in College Station or anywhere around the globe,” said John Sharp, Chancellor of The Texas A&M University System, in a press release. “Through the power of social media we can all be part of this once-in-a-lifetime event on the day that Kyle Field comes back to life.”

Eric Darvin, director of Texas sales at Tailgate Guys, an event-planning company that specializes in tailgates, said A&M consistently holds the biggest tailgates he’s seen, which is why he’s sure there will be a high level of Aggie participation in the global tailgate Saturday.

“One thing that we’ve always noticed is that Texas A&M is gonna be there through thick and thin,” Darvin said. “The fans and the former students are always here supporting the school, so it’s never really about how well we’re doing on the field. Former students and Ags just love to come back and deal with other Ags and tailgate and have a good time.”