B-CS restaurants celebrate National Taco Day

Photo by Photo by Edith Anthony

Biomedical Science Senior Sarah Sanders, International Studies Senior Jillian Hamilton, Allied Health Senior Jennifer Childress that work at Chuy’s celebrating National Taco Day.

Expect large crowds at a wide variety of College Station’s taco hangouts on Oct. 4 for National Taco Day. Brace yourselves for a taco (and carb) overload with all the savings and freebies coming up. For those looking for a deal on Thursday, look no further. Here are eight places in College Station ready to celebrate.
Chuy’s
In addition to the usual weekly taco cart, fun atmosphere and delicious food, Chuy’s is offering customers $1 tacos and special prices on drinks for National Taco Day.
Taco Bell
For the annual occasion, Taco Bell is introducing the National Taco Day gift set. For just $5.50, taco connoisseurs can get a variety of four hard shell tacos all wrapped up in a neat little bow. There’s also the option of gifting it to a friend, physically or digitally.
Fuzzy’s
Fuzzy’s is celebrating by selling $1 tacos (excluding fajitas and seafood).
On the Border
For $8.99, particularly hungry dine-in customers can enjoy unlimited tacos all day. According to their website, On the Border also has a 15 percent off catering promo code.
Torchy’s
This year for National Taco Day, Torchy’s in College Station is surprising five lucky customers with golden baskets, much like Willy Wonka’s golden tickets. For customers dining in, look for a golden liner in your taco basket instead of your typical brown wax paper. One customer will win a $300 gift card, and four will win a $25 gift card at random times throughout the day.
Taco Cabana
Taco Cabana is offering up one free taco per customer, no purchase required. Just walk right in and take a taco. They’re also having a special on their margaritas.
Mad Taco
Mad Taco’s app will include a deal for buy one, get one free tacos, as well as free queso with purchase of a vodka drink for the simultaneous National Vodka Day.
Taco Crave Taco Bar
With the purchase of an entree, customers can receive one free arroz con leche for dessert.