No. 13 A&M upsets No. 5 Virginia in dominant fashion 4-1

Ballroom adds to MSC appeal

As the campus living room, the MSC is a hot spot for socializing, studying and relaxing between classes. But on the buildings second floor, a grand ballroom will showcase a different side of the MSCs personality as a proper entertainer to special occasions, including dances, banquets and weddings.
Elizabeth Andrasi, MSC president and Class of 2011, said the ballroom will be home for Ring Dance, Muster Barbeque and class reunions.
According to Sherry Wine, University Center Director, the ballroom is 15,824 sqare feet and can be seperated into five rooms by dividers that descend from the ceiling. The 2012 Ring Dance will take advantage of this feature by dividing the dance into themed rooms, allowing guests to dance, play games, sing karaoke and socialize as they wish throughout the night. Andrasi said each divided room are made functional by independent audio and visual capabilities. In total, the MSC ballroom can accommodate as many as 1,400 people.
In addition to holding campus events, the MSC Ballroom will be available for rent by University organizations and outsiders alike at half- or whole-day intervals.
Wine said A&M-recognized student organization members can rent the facility for $500 for half a day and $1,000 for a full day. Non-university related groups can reserve the facility for $2,000 for a half day and $4,000 for a full day.
Members of the Class of 2012 will be among the first students to enjoy the ballroom during Ring Dance which Jennifer Terry, senior allied health major, said was fitting.
My heart has missed having the MSC for three years, Terry said. It will be bittersweet to recall good memories from freshman year in the MSC, but getting to end my senior year where my college years began is exciting.