Brazos Valley offers Fourth of July celebrations

Whether you live in Aggieland or just need a break from studying for upcoming exams, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to celebrate our nation’s independence Saturday.

One of the Brazos Valley’s largest celebrations, the College Station Noon Lions Club’s “I Love America”, will take place at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. In addition to enjoying free admission to the museum all day, attendees there will be live music from Katye Hamlin, Bret Graham and the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra beginning at 6 p.m. A Kid’s Zone and concessions stand will also be available, and the evening will conclude with fireworks at 9:45 p.m. 

In historic Washington, about a 35 minute drive from Bryan-College Station, “Fireworks on the Brazos” will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Washington on the Brazos State Park. A free concert in the park’s amphitheater begins at 7 p.m. with “a fireworks extravaganza” starting at approximately 9:30 p.m. 

Earlier in the day, the annual B/CS Firecracker 5K fun run will begin at 8 a.m. and the Foxfire Fourth of July Parade will begin at Triangle Park on Foxfire Dr. at 9 a.m. The parade festivities will include a posting of the Declaration of Independence.

For those in the mood for a road trip, one of the oldest celebrations in Texas takes place in Round Top, just over an hour from B/CS. The 165th annual Round Top Fourth of July Parade will begin at 10:30 a.m., with a BBQ lunch taking place at Rifle Hall immediately following.