Building better businesses

CTC+Contractors
CTC Contractors

Former students have developed their contracting business to be one of the fastest growing companies in the country.
CTC Contractors is jointly owned by husband and wife, Josh Crescenzi, Class of 2004, and Ashley Crescenzi, Class of 2005. Located in Houston, their company constructs ground-up buildings, build outs, meaning tenant improvements to existing buildings, and provide their own drywall and millwork services such as creating their own doors, cabinets, and more. Founded in 2010 by Josh Crescenzi, CTC Contractors was recognized in the 2016 Aggie 100 list, which identifies and celebrates the top 100 fastest growing Aggie-owned businesses in the world.
Glen Boucher, Class of 1993 and executive project manager, said CTC constructs approximately 15 ground-up buildings and at least 30 build outs per year, with their most common project being ground-up retail centers.
“We do ground-up retail centers, where you build a shell building meaning there’s no build outs inside of it yet and then usually you have an anchor restaurant on the corner and different stores in a strip center,” Boucher said. “As far as build outs are concerned, or tenant improvements, we do a lot of restaurants”.
Serving as the president of CTC, Josh Crescenzi said the company’s most recent project in the Bryan-College Station area was a build out for Piada Italian Street Food located off of University Drive.
“Recently, we built out Piada Italian Street Food over at Century Park and we’ve actually got several other restaurants who haven’t formally announced it yet, but they’re going to be coming to that same area, so we’ll have two or three more under our belts here in the very near future,” Josh Crescenzi said.
Boucher said CTC has subcontractors who come out to do the earth and concrete work, but they also have their own team of carpenters to assist them in their millwork.
“Something that is unique about CTC is we self-perform some of the work,” Boucher said. “That’s when you frame out a building and you hang all the drywall. We also manufacture and install all of our own millwork, which means we make all of our own cabinets, doors, and that sort of thing”.
Josh Crescenzi said being recognized by the Aggie 100 list was a representation for all of their hard work throughout the years.
“For a lot of us it was really validation for all of the hard work we’ve put in,” Josh Crescenzi said. “In the beginning you work without pay while you’re trying to get the business up and going, so it’s really validating to be recognized by such a prestigious group that you have made it, and that you’ve been successful, and that you’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country from arguably one of the most noteworthy organizations that tracts this type of thing amongst all other colleges”.
Ashley Crescenzi, construction controller, said CTC gives thanks for all that Texas A&M has done for them over the years by giving back to the university.
“We want to give back any way that we can, so we try to donate to different areas of the college,” Ashley Crescenzi said. “I know we just made a donation to Olsen Field recently, and we donate to the 12th Man [Foundation] too.”
Josh Crescenzi said to be successful, one must always strive to achieve more in their work.
“For Aggies that are entrepreneurs I would say a couple of things. One, never be happy,” Josh Crescenzi said. “Always want more with what you’re doing. Never be satisfied. You always have to try for more, and the biggest lesson that I’ve learned is about hard work and relationships. To me those are the two pillars of success.”